This short webinar will look at the key concepts of emotional intelligence, why it’s important in our personal lives and our professional lives and ways to continually develop this skill.

‘At best, IQ contributes about 20 percent to the factors that determine life success, which leaves 80 percent to other forces; forces grouped as emotional intelligence’ — Daniel Goleman

Daniel Goleman, psychologist and writer is considered to be a leading expert on emotional intelligence, particularly in the business world highlighting this crucial skill in leadership.  Daniel describes emotional intelligence as a person's ability to manage his feelings so that those feelings are expressed appropriately and effectively.

Join Manju Vekaria, Leadership Coach and Facilitator at Illuminate for this exclusive MRS Company Partner wellbeing webinar. This is the 2nd webinar in the wellbeing series, to support our new Wellbeing Space - an all NEW benefit for our valued partner employees.

I am a leadership coach and facilitator with work experiences in diverse industry sectors and cultures. I enjoy working with individuals and teams to create the right conditions where they can achieve a healthy high performance. My wellbeing journey started in Deloitte, where I designed and facilitated learning and development programmes to build leadership capability, improve personal resilience and adaptability and enhance wellbeing and engagement.
During this time, I qualified as a coach and completed my yoga teacher training, and this is where I found my passion in wellbeing and resilience. I now combine my experiences in talent development, yoga and mindfulness to bring an integrated approach to individual performance and achievement.
I bring a curious and adaptive approach to my coaching and facilitation support. I like to understand what motivates people and help them to feel understood, so that we have meaningful conversations about their challenges, goals and support needs.
I am a Mental Health First Aider, Mental Fitness coach and an accredited practitioner with EMCC.

Additional Information

Get the latest MRS news

Our newsletters cover the latest MRS events, policy updates and research news.